Please enjoy part of my chapter in The Change Book Series.
Change through Choice:
Choosing to Create the Relationship You Want
You met your soul mate and things were perfect; but now it’s been a while. You find yourself wishing that your relationship could be better. You have fantasies of being in the perfect relationship with your perfect partner, but you don’t know how to get there.
How well does your current relationship measure up to your fantasies?
- Are you finding yourself in what seems to be a constant battle, bickering and fighting with your partner?
- Or do you have easy, loving communication with your partner?
- Do you find yourself making excuses not to be with your partner?
- Or do you look forward to the end of the day when you get to be with your partner?
- Do you find yourself imagining what life would be like if you were alone?
- Or is it impossible to imagine a future without your partner in it?
If your relationship no longer looks like what you hoped it would be, know that you can change your experience by making 3 empowering choices.
Where do you start?
Imagine your perfect relationship.
- What does that really look like to you? Imagine what your perfect partner is like, what your perfect partner would do, how your perfect partner would treat you.
- Now, include how you are being with your perfect partner, how you would be around that person, how you would treat that perfect someone.
- Visualize a clear, moving picture, in color, of what you want to create for yourself and your partner.
Visualizing a clear, moving picture of your perfect relationship helps your subconscious mind to know what you really desire so that it can help you to create just what you want. Your subconscious mind is that part of you that knows when to have your heart beat, when to blink and thousands of other automatic processes. Wouldn’t you like it to help you create a better relationship, too?
Being able to create your perfect relationship requires not only that your perfect partner be perfect for you, but for you to be the perfect partner for that person as well. Unfortunately, perfect is nearly next to impossible for anyone to be. In reality, a great relationship has perfect moments but it is not perfect all the time. It’s not very complicated to create lots of perfect moments. That’s a relief, isn’t it?
There are many components to having, or creating, a great relationship. Having been married now for over thirty five years (to the same partner), I can tell you that there will be many shifts that will happen during the course of your relationship. Many of those shifts will not be smooth, or easy. With the right tools, you can handle the rough patches with a bit of grace, maybe even with joy. I certainly wish I had the information I am about to share sooner. My hope is that you and your relationship will benefit from reading this chapter. If you like what you read, I hope you consider making an appointment with me and allow me the privilege to assist you even further.